Krystle Cole has a Bachelor of Integrated Studies degree in Psychology and Substance Abuse Counseling from Washburn University. She also has a Master of Science degree in Psychology with an emphasis in evaluation, research, and measurement from Capella University. Additionally, she is currently enrolled in the Psychology PhD program at Capella University. Krystle is also a published author, an internationally exhibited artist, and she makes educational videos that can be viewed on youTube.
- Krystle on Facebook
- Follow Krystle on Google+
- Read Krystle’s Personal Blog
- Visit Krystle’s Virtual Art Gallery
Watch the Vice Documentary about Krystle (from March, 2011):
Lysergic: 2nd Edition (2007) – In Lysergic, Krystle Cole describes the events that occurred in her life within the time period of 2000 to 2003. Krystle explains her involvement with Gordon Todd Skinner and William Leonard Pickard, the infamous LSD chemists who operated their lab in an underground missile silo in Kansas. This lab, after being busted and shutdown by the DEA, was reported to have been producing 90% of the world’s supply of LSD.
Having written the book at 23 years of age, Krystle gives an account of her unique perspective regarding the events she has often called “the crazy psychedelic freak show” that ensued after the Pickard LSD lab bust. Lysergic is a combination of things; it is a story of love, a story of abuse, and most of all a recounting of the experiences that have ultimately exerted a profound effect upon Krystle’s life.
Krystle recounts ingesting numerous rare entheogens such as LSD, mescaline, ergot wine, DMT, ALD-52, and 2-CI, among others. She describes the subjective effects of each entheogen, and how these experiences impacted her life at the time. As well, the 2nd edition of Lysergic contains excerpts from letters that Skinner wrote to Krystle from prison.
Lysergic: 2nd Edition (EU Version) – As of 2012, Lysergic is also being printed by a publisher in Europe. It is the same book, just printed in Europe to save shipping cost.
After the Trip: Thoughts on Entheogens, Spirituality, and Daily Life (2008) - Krystle discusses many different topics relevant to the entheogenic experience in a daily journal format. She also describes how things have changed in her every day life since her involvement with the LSD chemists Skinner and Pickard. This journal was originally written for the members of www.NeuroSoup.com. Entries were published each day as they were written.
After the Trip: Thoughts on Entheogens, Spirituality, and Daily Life (EU Version) – As of 2012, After the Trip is also being printed by a publisher in Europe. It is the same book, just printed in Europe to save shipping cost.
The NeuroSoup Trip Guide (2008) – In this e-book, Krystle discusses: Set, Setting, and Preparation for a Trip, Tips for Tripsitters, Aspects of the Entheogenic Experience, Working with Difficult Experiences, and Integration. Adverse psychological reactions, like flashbacks and HPPD, may potentially be avoided with proper preparation before and integration after entheogenic journeys. Thus, this e-book serves the purpose of harm reduction education. For clarity, Krystle does not advocate the use of illegal, quasi-legal, or legal drugs. All substances that affect the central nervous system (legal or illegal) can have side effects, adverse reactions, and negative interactions with other drugs.Abstinence is always the best way to protect one’s health.
MDMA for PTSD (2013) – Krystle reviews the present state of research regarding the safety and efficacy of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Krystle shares her perspective alongside interviews with Dr. Rick Doblin, Dr. Michael Mithoefer, Dr. Peter Oehen, Dr. Ben Sessa, Dr. Rodney Benson, and Dr. William Fantegrossi.
To more fully consider the societal impact of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy, an online survey was also administered to examine over 1000 participants’ opinions of MDMA, ecstasy, and PTSD research. Beyond this, readers are provided with general information about MDMA including the subjective effects of recreational use, pharmacology, functional neuroanatomy, side effects, addiction potential, and long-term damage.
Master of Science Degree Integrative Project (2012):
- This paper was the final component of the master of science degree in psychology within the specialization of research, evaluation, and measurement at Capella University. It is a quantitative research study proposal aimed at examining the relationship between exposure to theta binaural beats and well-being.
- The Relationship Between Theta Binaural Beats and Well-Being (pdf)
Bachelor of Integrated Studies Degree Research Project (2009):
- This paper was the final component of the bachelor of integrated studies degree in psychology and substance abusec from Washburn University.
- Peyote Ceremonies Are Culturally Competent Components of Integrated Alcohol Abuse Treatment Plans for Native Americans (pdf)
Articles and Research Reports:
- Krystle Cole, Kidnapping Charges, and Involvement with the DEA
- Astral Projection via Lucid Dreaming
- Grounding Meditation: A Tool for Working with Difficult Entheogenic Experiences
- Thoughts About the MERP Model for Marijuana Re-Legalization
- Natural Ways to Protect Yourself from Getting the Swine Flu
- NeuroSoup Funds Its First Research Study
- Stand Up For Your Rights
- Wii Fit Your Way to Healthier Tripping
- Legal Substances that Create MDMA-Like Euphoria
- History of the Peyote Cactus and the Native American Church
- Description of a Peyote Ceremony in the Native American Church
- Peyote Use in the Treatment of Alcoholism in the Native American Church
- Challenging the Stereotypes of Peyote Use
- Substance Abuse Treatment Effectiveness with Adolescents(pdf)
- Lucid Dream Inducing Plants
- Questions about the Pickard LSD Case
- DOD and CIA Research with Psychoactive Substances
- The Impact of Institutional Racism on the African American Substance Abuse Population in the United States(pdf)
- Culturally Competent Substance Abuse Treatment for Native Americans(pdf)