A panel with Edward Frenkel, Bernardo Kastrup, Menas Kafatos, Julia Mossbridge and facilitated by Deepak Chopra.
For centuries philosophers and scientists have debated on the nature of fundamental realityand also the mind body problem and the origins of consciousness.
• Is the mind what the brain does or is the brain what the mind does?
• How does the solution of this problem affect the nature of our understanding of the cosmos?
• Is fundamental reality material or mental or both or neither?
• If a dualistic worldview is no longer tenable as most now believe then what monism seems more likely – physicalist or non-physicalist?
• How does this pertain to current views on the interpretation of quantum mechanics, Big Bang, eternal inflation, standard model of physics, the nature of dark matter and dark energy?
• Why is it important to understand these ideas and how is this relevant to the future of life on our planet and the future evolution of the universe?
The panel will present divergent world-views and try and come to an understanding that seems reasonable and rational and reconciles science, philosophy, and spirituality.